Thursday, August 9, 2012

Running!

On August 5th I took part in the Brisbane Running Festival. I made a new PB of 42:55. While certainly not the fastest on the day or ever its MY best so far :) My awesome husband came to support me and it was fantastic to run with the Fletcher family. I raised $170 for the Brain Foundation which was fantastic!

I did a weeny bit of damage to my hip which I am seeing the physio about today. It will all be fine though :)







I have signed up for the Bridge to Brisbane on September 2nd. My race number arrived in yesterdays mail. I will be raising funds for the Brain Foundation again http://fundraise.bridgetobrisbane.com.au/julia_robertson_4 for this one, there is however a bit of a twist.  

This year they are running a "Hero Time" which means for every dollar raised they take 1 second off your Hero Time. The Hero Time is your race time minus the bonus seconds awarded for your fundraising. I will have until midday Friday 31st of August to raise as much money as I can to count towards my "Hero Time"more information here http://fundraise.bridgetobrisbane.com.au/event/b2b2012/hero_time

I'll be updating my blog for my 18 month brainaversary from Sydney this time. The wonderful Alonya and Rick are having me back for another week ♥

3 comments:

nyssa said...

you amaze me Julia! a true inspiration :) ~ glynis

Julia Robertson said...

Thank you so much Glynis ♥

Kim said...

Good on you my love! I am happy and honoured to go on supporting you.

Post a Comment