Tuesday, October 16, 2012

1 year 8 months

Today is 20 months post op!

School has been going really well. I have asked to do and extra unit which I should pick up next week may be. I have met some wonderful people and made some amazing friends there. I think have decided what I am going to do next year as well. I had thought about a Diploma of Accounting but life seems to be making that awfully difficult. So I have turned back to my original aspiration once i got home from having my brain fixed. It will be completely dependant on next years studies though, so we'll see what happens.





I did go to the optometrist and have new glasses. Apparently my left eye is much worse than my right and i have early macular degeneration. Not something I really want to hear being a photographer but I guess I use my right eye more for that so it will be depth that goes rather than rendering me unable to do photography at all.



I did the Twilight Bay Run and took it easy, I had a seizure the day before and didn't want to push it. James and I went into Southbank for the leukaemia "light up the Night" walk and had a great time with Hendrik Ebber. We've had to can the relay for life for this year due to not having enough members signup to qualify as a team. I'm pretty disappointed about it but there isn't anything we can do so I will continue to donate the funds that would otherwise have gone in through the team.



I am trying to raise funds for Cure for Life Foundation, a charity run by my neurosurgeon Charlie Teo. They provide funds and grants for research into brain cancer. I am trying to raise as much as I can by my 2 year anniversary 16 February 2013. If you'd like to help please click here To celebrate my 2 year anniversary we'll be doing a photowalk at Springbrook. Seemed fitting in that photography saved my sanity through the worst of it and help me find something good and beautiful each day.




I am still working on the voice and getting it back into shape. It's happening slowly but surely. 

I cannot say how much i really appreciate the friends and family I have who have supported me through this journey. The old ones and the new. You have all had an impact.


We went on a brilliant photo day put together by Lynda. It was a wonderful opportunity to do something different. we had an absolute blast at the beach. I can't wait for the next one! We went to visit mum between part 1 and 2 of the photo day.



Yesterday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day. We lost our last child 3 years ago last month. It's not something that ever goes away but it does ease some over time. There will always be things to bring that back but October 15 is a day to remember and think of all those mothers and fathers out there who don't have their bundles of joy in their arms.




I have another creative project in the works which will be revealed at a later date so stay tuned :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment