Tuesday, July 30, 2013

In sight


For the last month and a half I have been having trouble with my vision. Blurred, double vision, vision loss. My optometrist, quite rightly, was very concerned and sent me off to see and ophthalmologist to find out what was going on. after a lot of testing and I mean A LOT, they have come to the conclusion that; I have dry eyes so need to use drops frequently, have a cataract in my left eye (as seen above) and that my brain get tired more easily because I had brain surgery. Cataract surgery may help but I can hang out for another 20 or so years for that thanks. I'm too young to have one of these buggers anyway!

Due to the location of the surgery, my brain has trouble suppressing the trouble with my left eye vision. Consequently my brain has my left and right eyes battling for supremacy. I can get through about half the day without too much of a problem with my vision, however by midday all bets are off and my vision goes to pot.

Wednesday I'll be going in to make an appointment with the disability officer to see what they can do to help me with my maths testing. I currently have a great deal of difficulty distinguishing = from - and + from division.I also tend to miss columns of figures on the right side of the page. So, they may give me some kind of magnifying glass or extra time or something to help me get over this hurdle.

While this is irritating, nauseating and painful, it is not going to kill me which is FANTASTIC news. It may slow me down a bit for a while until I find a way to work round it. I am not giving up on pursuing my dreams though. Life does not stop because of a bump in the road.

I may have to modify my photography methods as well. Not going to stop me. Photography is like breathing and I'm not about to give it up. I may have to rely on Auto-focus a lot more though.

Alternately, if I had not had the surgery I would be dead. When you look at it that way, I can cope with pretty much anything.

I hope you are all happy, safe and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment