Wednesday, November 18, 2015

4 Years 9 months

I left you last time with my impending week of extreme thinking. I went to the Synapse AGM, the BTAA summit, COGNO and then the Cure Cancer Foundation fun run.




It turns out that my brain cannot cope with that amount of input that requires a lot of thinking of a relatively short period. I was not feeling myself through out the day at the fun run. By the end of the day I was quite and well and went to the hospital by ambulance. Thank you Michelle for insisting I go. I was still on the ambulance stretcher waiting to be moved into a cubicle when I started having a seizure. I had approximately 8 seizures before I was admitted and sent up to the ward. I had another two that night, one the following day and another the night before I went home. The jury is still out as to the cause of them. I have a MRI booked in for December 5th just to be sure there is nothing growing back, nothing new growing or to check out the scarring from last surgery to see if that was the cause. In my opinion it was probably exhaustion.



Tomorrow I head off to Melbourne for some more conferences. Friday is Biomed Link 2015 and then on the following Tuesday and Wednesday is the 2015 Advance Care Planning & End of Life Care National Conference. I have left time for chilling out and brain resting!

I suppose this is an example of the on going recovery and challenges faced in life after brain surgery. I have been trying not to push it but I think I may have moved the goal posts a little too far forward. It is just another step in learning how to manage things.



We are looking forward to our nephew's wedding in a couple of weeks as well! November was insanely busy. December is looking much more relaxed, for which I am grateful.


Onward and upwards! One foot in front of the other and take each day as it comes. Lesson learned this month 'Don't push yourself to far'


No comments:

Post a Comment